Thursday, April 16, 2009

Written Task The Catcher In The Rye

A Visit to Pency Prep.


Pency High school is one of east coast’s most prestigious schools; it’s located in Agerstown, Pennsylvania. This town is well known for its tranquil and warm atmosphere. This town is famous for molding splendid, clear-thinking young man, as said on their magazine advertisement. I decided to go and visit Agerstown and especially Pency prep. Maybe I’ll find out if the magazine ad is right. I took the train from New York to Agerstown. My first impression of the town was a mellow and warm place. But I went directly to Pency High School and I was impressed of what a great and fancy school it was. I decided to take a tour through the school and then interview some students on my way.

“The school’s academic achievements are remarkable and it the organization is well known throughout North America for building up open-minded and excellent citizens” Said Mr. Thurmer, the schools head master who also guided me through the school’s facilities. He allowed me to assist a history class and watch how they worked and I was impressed of the amazing teachers they had. “We only admit highly qualified teachers in this institution, students here deserve the best education” said Mr. Thurmer giving me a big smile. Students who fail 3 or more subjects are kicked out, I later had the chance to speak with one of these students who flunked many subjects and now is heading up home, just to hear a different perspective of the school. I headed up to the sport facilities; they had a court for every single sport. “Sports are very important for us, they develop team work and also the student’s well being that is very important for us” clarified the head master.

When I was leaving the school I decided to interview a student, he’s name was Oscar Mayer, he said he was now being kicked out of school. “I flunk all the subjects except English, I don’t see why I need to care about that, I will worry about that later on my life. I’ve been in many other schools but this is the phoniest one, anyway I’m moving to New York in a few weeks, just for the hell of it” said Oscar. I told him about what a kind head master the school had, he said, “He is the phoniest person I’ve ever met, his daughter Selma Thurmer, she’s kind of nice and she is a good friend of mine, she has the darkest hair I’ve ever seen, one day I was at the football game and she was just staring at me, and that’s the kind of dark hair she has. Anyway, Mr. Thurmer always gives people this phony smile when he wants something from them, I assume he gave the same smile to you”.

I’m now sure that Pency Prep is one of North America’s top schools; they really build good citizens and excellent people. I exit the school with a great impression of the school; it has great facilities and excellent academic performance. And now off I go to the next big school, see what I can find in my search to find the best schools in America.

No comments: